London has a long-standing reputation for its finance and business achievements, but recent developments in intellectual capital and economic activity have made the city even more desirable as a destination for international association events.
Report: London at the Cutting Edge for Associations Events
PDF - 2.4 MB
London's innovative sectors mean business for association events
In our report, we explore the main factors bringing more association conferences to London, including:
- Access to expert knowledge: London is a world-leading centre for business and finance, hosting 40% of the European Headquarters of the world’s top companies
- London’s flourishing tech sector: Tech City, the largest tech ecosystem in Europe attracts a global business community looking to innovate and collaborate.
- New investment in London’s life sciences sector: Cutting edge research centres like The Francis Crick Institute add value to a host of medical congresses, including Europe’s largest, the European Society of Cardiology.
- Better conference infrastructure: great transport links, five international airports and new developments like Crossrail (the new high speed railway for London completing in 2019) make London Europe’s most accessible city.
- The experience factor: London’s rich heritage and cultural offering, with an abundance of world famous attractions means that conference held in London often attract 10-20% more delegates.
How can we help?
By speaking to us at London & Partners you can access the very best free advice for creating a lasting event legacy in London. As London's official convention bureau, we work closely with you to unlock the city, find the right venues, organise site inspections, and connect you with the ideal event solution. Contact the team with your event enquiry.